Sunday, October 21, 2012

Libertarian Party Platform

How I differ

Here are the few points where I don't agree with the Libertarian Party Platform.


None in the Preamble. Doesn't it sound good to you?

The STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES is pretty close to perfect, too.
 
When it comes to the use of drugs for medicinal or recreational purposes, I have to wish for some way to require medical supervision.
Section 2.2 on property rights is a bit too sweeping for me. We need a starting point for land ownership, as I suppose that most of it was stolen from somebody sometime. I suggest the year 1900 for this country as a reasonable starting point.
 
There is a form of  "compulsory national service" (the draft)  that I would  support. To be fair, it should be required of everyone and consist of  military and personal defense traing.

As for the rest, I could not have said it better myself.
Read Libertarian Party Platform. It is only seven pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment